Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ahhh...Greece

After three excruciating flights, like four and a half movies, and over 24 hours with zero sleep I finally stepped off of the plane into Athens. Dimitris and I recognized each other right away and one of the first things he told me about Greece as he handed me a helmit, was that Greeks are the worst drivers in all of Europe. He proceeded to prove it to me as he weaved in and out of traffic passing trucks, cars, other motorcycles, and oncoming traffic. Apparently Greek cars don't have turn signals and stop signs mean "Look around, but don't bother slowing down". This was my introduction to Greece. Perfect. My backpack was pulling at me the whole way and my eyes threatened to shut a few times but I managed to stay awake if only to see the scenery. I assure you all (especially you moms out there) that Dimitris is a very wonderful driver. His "flat" is amazing with two patios open with a fresh breeze, definetely fresher than Florida! I will upload pictures as soon as I can! Until next time!

-C-Whip

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, I can't wait to see your pictures. Sounds like you are off to a good start. I'm also anxious for Theresa to join you. Be sure to have someone take a good picture of the 2 of you (not making faces please). Love, Granny Laine

    ReplyDelete